The mishap occurred in the Pratappura village of Fatehabad town settled in Agra. A total of 5 people got killed. A poisonous gas leak took the lives of three minor brothers and two others. The leak was in a pit dug up for a septic tank.
The villagers on inquiry told the police that a 10-year-old boy slipped in the pit. To save the kid his brothers and other family members jumped in. The pit was almost 15 feet deep.
The village where the incident occurred comes under the Fatehabad police station area. SSP Bablu clarified the whole situation where the 10-year-old kid slipped in the freshly dug pit. He also told how his family members jumped in to save him but all of them got caught up in the toxic gas. They fainted soon after getting caught up in the gas.
The villagers brought all the five people out of the pit and then took them to the hospital. All five people were declared dead on arrival. The 10-year-old was identified as Anurag. The others were identified as Sonu (25), Harimohan (16), Avinash (12), and Ram Khiladi.
The news spread like wildfire. Soon the local politicians and senior officials visited the village. The district authorities have assured compensation and promised to help the family members of the deceased.