(Source: Hindustan Times)
The spokesperson for the provincial governor in southern Helmand province, Omer Zwak, said that the bomb had killed at least five civilians and wounded seven others on Friday, April 2. He said the deceased was traveling by car near Lashkar Gah, the capital of the province. The provincial governor's office said that in a separate roadside bomb attack in western Herat province, seven women traveling in a minivan were wounded. No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Meanwhile, on April 1, the Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the killing of a policewoman in eastern Nangarhar province earlier that day. The statement said that she was working with the “apostate” Afghan security services. Afghanistan has seen a nationwide spike in targeted killings, bombings, and violence on the battlefield as peace negotiations in Qatar between the Taliban and the Afghan government have stalled.