Schools and colleges all over India remained close since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic which claimed approximately 1.5lakh lives.
Delhi Government decided to resume their offline classes for senior school students from today. With shorter class hours and frequent sanitization, the classes will only resume for 10th and 12th students. They will be maintaining all the covid-19 protocol. According to unlock 5 guidelines the Centre previously handed the decision of reopening classes on the states.
The safety guidelines are as follows-
• Schools that are situated out of the contaminated zone, are allowed to reopen
• Parent's consent letter with signature is a must.
• Class-time shortened from six hours to two hours. Initially, schools will be conducting classes only with 50 students per day.
• Educational institutions should be containing sanitizers, thermal guns, extra masks, etc to increase safety measures.
• Schools will be placing volunteers to check the temperature of students strictly. They should also notice if everyone is wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing.
• Maximum 10 students will be allowed to laboratories and canteens. There will be three guards to ensure supervision.
• Any orientation program will be held maintaining all the Covid-19 protocols.
• Medical facilities will be there in schools 24×7.
Following these protocols is a must and then only students are allowed.