Electrocuted: 4 workers died while putting up a pandal.


(Source of image: The Hindu)


On Wednesday, April 7, Four workers died because of electrocution, leaving six injured. A stone-laying ceremony of an apartment complex in Indlabele village, near Attibele, was planned to happen on April 8. The workers were erecting a pandal for the event. They identified the deceased as Vijay Singh (30, from Jharkhand), Akash (30, from Kalaburagi), Mahadev (35, from Chamarajanagar), and Vishakanta (35, from T Narasipura in Mysuru). Vijay Singh worked with a construction company and the other three were working with a pandal rental business in Attibele. The injured are Vishnu Kumar (19), Gurudev (25), Arun Kumar (20), Beeranba (19), and Deepak Kumar (20). The police informed that both Arun and Vishnu are in critical condition. According to the police, the incident happened between 11:00 am and 11:30 am. Workers were arranging the lighting and erecting a pandal at the site using iron poles. Bengaluru Rural District SP Lakshmi Ganesh K said, “During the works, they lifted an iron pole which came in contact with a 12 kV live wire passing overhead and all the ten people holding the pole were electrocuted. While Singh, Akash, Mahadev, and Vishakanta sustained fatal injuries, six others sustained minor injuries in the mishap. We rushed all the 10 to a hospital nearby where four were declared brought dead." They registered a case under IPC Section 304 against the construction company, owner of the pandal rental, and others for causing death by negligence.

2 views0 comments