Gas leak in Badlapur, Maharashtra creates panic, complaints of breathing problems.



ANI quoted a man,

"I, along with my other colleagues, was working in a nearby factory. Suddenly, we started having problems in breathing. Later, we got to know that there was a gas leak in a factory in the area."

Source: ndtv.com


A gas leak in a chemical factory in Maharashtra's Badlapur reported gas leak created panic and havoc among the locals.

Several people, over a three-kilometer area, complained of a shortage of oxygen and a burning sensation in the eyes after the leak at Nobel Intermediates Pvt Ltd company at Shirgaon MIDC.


According to information received, the incident took place around 10:22 pm at the factory, at Shirgaon MIDC, in Aptewadi area and the cause of the leakage is believed to be overheating because of a chemical reaction between sulfuric acid and benzyl acid in the company.


A resident quoted, saying:

“People in the area reported experiencing trouble in breathing. There is a major gas emission issue being experienced by residents in Badlapur East Shirgaon Katrap area. It’s all foggy and unbreathable at the moment here.”

HIGHLIGHTS:


  • Gas leakage was caused because of overheating by a chemical reaction between sulfuric acid and benzyl acid in the company.


  • After providing medical aid, as a measure of precaution, few people got admitted to nearby hospitals while some of them got released on their recovery.






1 view0 comments