No Dinner With Zuckerberg At White House- Says Trump.

The social media giant, Facebook, was the first social media platform to have meaningfully silenced the pompous ex-president of America during the violence of Capital Hill. It was the most high-profile ban in the company’s history and a move that was pursued by other social media giants. Here, Facebook again made a comeback on 4th June by announcing the ban on the official account of Donald Trump. It further stated that his account is likely to be suspended till January 23 and will only be activated if “the risk to public safety is receded.” On his return in the future, he will have to face restrictions.


Nick Clegg, Facebook’s VP of Global Affairs, on Friday said, “Given the gravity of the circumstances that led to Mr Trump’s suspension, we believe his actions made up a severe violation of our rules which merit the highest penalty available under the new enforcement protocols. We are suspending his accounts for two years, effective from the initial suspension on 7 January this year.” He added that these would include permanent removal of Mr. Trump’s pages and accounts.


credits of the picture: AP/UNSPLASH

However, the American ex-president made his statement soon after. He said that he would not invite Mark Zuckerberg, the chief executive of Facebook, to dinner at White House, the next time he is in it. He expressed his resentment clearly through his statement. He has also expressed certainty on his win in the presidential elections of 2024 through his statement. Trump further stated that he views this as an “insult to 75 million people who voted for him” in the 2020 election. He vowed he would not let Facebook get away with this censorship and said that America will not take it anymore.


The company’s Oversight Board acknowledged the steps Facebook has announced and said that it would carry out a review process before making further comments. It accepted that it is aware of the diversified opinion of people on this matter. Few are of the opinion that Facebook, being a private company, must not suspend an outgoing President from its platform. It is an open platform for all and so should be for him. Whereas others are of believing that Mr. Trump should have immediately been banned for life, after the violence and instability he started last year.

9 views0 comments