Singaporean man confines Indian workers for over 40 days.

The general manager of a company in Singapore wrongfully confined three Indian workers in a room for 42 days. He was fined an amount of Rs. 4.87 lakhs (approximately) for committing the crime amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

The workers were first confined from May 12 to 15, and then over a five-week stretch, from May 19 to June 26, The Straits Times reported.

Shaun Pang Tong Heng, the manager, earlier pleaded guilty to three counts of wrongful confinement.

The room had clean beds, a bathroom and a Wi-fi connection.

The court also heard that rooms the victims were confined in had clean beds, a bathroom, and also a Wi-fi connection.

The three men were given meals and an ample amount of water during the confinement as well.

Shaun said that the three victims were "troublemakers".

The three workers confined were namely Ganesan Pandi, Pandiyan Jakakanthan, and Muthuraj Thangaraj. According to Shaun, these three were "troublemakers"

The lawyer, Md Noor E Adenaan, who represented the 41-year-old manager told the court about the doings of the three victims.

Pandi and Jakakanthan had left their place in Tuas to buy alcohol despite residing near a COVID-19 hotspot neighborhood.

Jakakanthan was also accused to be driving a company lorry without a licence.

Muthuraj Thangara, on the other hand, was caught for drunk driving.

The Singapore business owner was fined $ 9,000 for his deed.

Even though Shaun's lawyer said that the manager was remorseful of his doing, Deputy prosecutor Eric Hu said that the above reasons were no excuse for the manager to take matters into his own hands and that he should have contacted the authorities and told them about the workers.

The Singapore business owner was fined $ 9,000 on Thursday for his crime. Three other similar charges involving the same men were considered while sentencing.

For each count of forcible confinement, an offender can be jailed for up to three years and fined.

7 views0 comments