To stay healthy and fit every person should drink at least 2 liters of water per day. For men, it should be about 15.5 cups or 3.7 liters and for women, it should be about 11.5 cups or 2.7 liters. To continue your daily routine you need to stay hydrated. Dehydration can have a serious negative impact on our bodies.
So today I'm going to share a few benefits of drinking water and some tips so that you can stay hydrated and energetic.
Benefits of drinking water :
1. Hydration has a major effect on energy levels. Good and proper hydration is a key factor to help in improving blood circulation, energy levels, and maintain good health.
2. Drinking water helps to strengthen our immune system defenses and also to build better resistance to stress and infections.
3. Drinking water is required for good digestion and also for the prevention of constipation aiding gut health, it also helps in reducing the chances of acne.
4. It helps preserve tissues and reduce muscle loss and prevents sagging of skin and wrinkles.
5. Drinking water in an adequate amount helps in getting rid of water retention and can help one look leaner.
6. Drinking sufficient water helps can help in weight loss.
7. It helps in maintaining good health parameters and can help in disease prevention/ management and protection from secondary complications.
8. Drinking water helps in faster recovery of muscles post-exercise.
9. Supports optimal brain function due to better oxygen and glucose supply to the brain.
Here are some tips to ensure you're getting a proper amount of fluid every day
• You can start the day with lime water. This helps in kickstarting hydration and metabolism for the day. Remember to drink more than 500 ml of water at one time in the morning does not go into the hydration status.
• You can also start the day with salt water to help balance electrolytes in the body and aid hydration and prevent fatigue.
• You can also have lime water with a pinch of salt. It helps in better hydration and also prevents bouts of low blood pressure.
• You can start your day with cinnamon water, which helps in balancing blood sugar levels and prevent cravings as well.
• Also try vegetable juices, diluted in the morning and evening can help with hydration. Make them tastier by adding herbs, lime, and a pinch of salt.
• Buttermilk with pepper, salt, and jeera powder (cumin) during lunch and dinner can also help you stay hydrated.
• You can also have plain water or water infuse with mint or fruit slices throughout the day.
• Consuming coconut water is also a great choice to stay well hydrated.
So, here are some tips which might help you. The best way to ensure proper hydration is drinking water every few hours and turning it into a habit.
Stay healthy and hydrated!