UP:- After inhaling toxic gas, five died in Gonda


Five people reportedly died after inhaling toxic gas


Five people died in Gonda, Uttar Pradesh after inhaling toxic gases on Tuesday. According to the police, the toxic gas was present inside the well, where locals use to dump the garbage. The incident took place in Raja Mohalla in the area of Kotwali Police Station while rescuing the calf that fell in the well.


The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon when a calf fell inside the well. A man with the help of the ladder went down to rescue the calf. The calf was rescued but the man got fainted in the well. Watching this, the four other people went down to bring him back and they too fainted after getting exposed to the toxic gas.


The Additional Superintendent of Police Mahendra Kumar said that the fire brigade team and local civic personnel body after huge efforts pulled them out. All five men were taken to the district hospital and then the doctor declared them dead. Police sent the bodies for post-mortem. The ASP added that the well was old and unused.


The victims were identified as Vaibhav(18), Dinesh(30), Ravi Shankar(36), Mannu Saini(36), and Vishnu Dayal(35). Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath showed on the grief on the loss of the 5 men. The state government issued the announcement on the financial assistance of 2 Lakhs for the family of the victims.


74 views0 comments